Operations Manager, Salisbury, Wiltshire
Jetting Systems have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager to join our team due to continued growth.
The role is a senior position in our organisation with the main responsibilities to plan, direct and monitor production, technical and supply chain activities to ensure safety, regulatory and schedule compliance.
You will direct day to day manufacturing and technical activities, requiring proven leadership skills and the ability to develop and implement successful management strategies. You will act as the driving force behind ongoing performance improvement, managing a technical operation while ensuring a happy team.
Overall, the role is vital for ensuring that our strong reputation is maintained and further enhanced in the marketplace. The Operations Manager not only has to demonstrate true leadership and accountability for performance but a true passion for the specialist equipment we export worldwide.
- Ensure that communication between the team is ongoing and utilised to maintain an environment of continuous improvement.
- Support the company in production planning and making sure the business is adequately resourced.
- Identifying any skills gaps in the organisation and undertaking a recruitment programme to support this.
- Training of staff to ensure that everyone is performing adequately in their role.
- Providing a leadership support function to teams and motivating staff to achieve production goals.
- Managing budgets and costs effectively in respect of the planning process.
- Acting as a liaison to the directors to keep them up to date with shop floor matters.
- Ensuring key performance indicators are in place and production targets are met.
- Implementation of any new policies and procedures relating to the production process.
Leadership – leading ‘one’ team to achieve organisational goals.
Communication – ensuring that communication is ongoing and effective between all operational employees.
Presentation – Presenting ideas and results across the business to both employees and senior management.
Team working – fostering an environment of teamwork to ensure that all products are delivered on time and company goals are met.
Initiative – The ability to work alone and take a lead when hurdles arise or when tasks require completion.
Planning – staying ahead of the game and ensuring that plans for the future are clearly labelled out for everyone to follow.
Problem Solving – adapting to the ever-changing environment and reacting quickly to meet challenges.
A graduate degree in engineering, operations or project management or a proven track record high-quality performance and experience in project and production management in a relevant environment.